Qualitative Market Research Consulting
Focus Group Moderator Training by Veteran Qualitative Researcher
What better way to become a focus group moderator than to learn from a qualitative research professional who has conducted thousands of groups over more than 20 years for Fortune 500 clients in an array of product and service categories?
Mindy Rudick Powell learned the art and science of focus group moderating at a time when there was no formal training available. She was fortunate to have a number of talented moderators with many years of experience to teach her. In that spirit she launched the Rudick Research Focus Group Moderator Training Program.
Focus Group Moderator Training Highlights
- Flexible Formats: 2-day, 4-day, private or small group, facility-based, online
- Comprehensive Curriculum
- Working with the marketing team
- Understanding and working around client political issues
- Structuring effective qualitative research projects
- Developing recruiting screeners that identify the right respondents
- Selecting and working with focus group facilities
- Writing discussion guides geared to achieving project objectives
- Moderating challenges, including managing group dynamics and client feedback
- Qualitative Methodologies: One-on-One interviews, Dyads, Triads, et al
- Pre-work: Assignments for participants in advance of the focus group
- Projective Techniques and how to get to deeper, actionable insights
- Interpreting and analyzing participant feedback
- Creating organized, well-written reports that focus on learning and indicated directions
- Practice and Role Play: Experience being the moderator
- Two hours of post-training support from Mindy
- Contact me for pricing and session schedule/availability.